I'm not sure when I should use Simple Present Tense and Present Continous Tense.

In my native language (Turkish), most of the time, we form verbs Present Continous Tense. I mean "I love you" is "I'm loving you", "Do you go to school?" is "Are you going to school? (for the simple tense meaning)" etc. I'm learning lot's of languages but this still makes me confused. I'm not always sure what conjugation should I use. Sure, every language has its own methods but is there a way to distinguish the usage of these tenses in general? Even in closer languages to Turkish, they use tenses differently. For example, in Kazakh, they say " Ol baqşada kezer " (He walks around (travels) in the garden" but we say " O bahçede geziyor ". We say "geziyor" which is the Present Continous Tense instead of "gezer" which is the Simple Present Tense unlike Kazakh "kezer".

submitted by /u/_erau_
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/OFpDkXx
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments