Why am I struggling to pick up French?

Ok so I am a my first language is English and I am in year 9. My family speak Hebrew and I don’t. I go to a Jewish school. Now we learn either french or Spanish and we need to learn Hebrew until the start of year 10 as a compulsory subject. So in year 7, I picked French. So I have been learning French for more than 2 years now and everything has been quite hard because of covid. All of my classmates are very good at french but it seems that I’m lacking behind a lot and I mean a lot. I don’t know the basic verbs, tenses or even conjugation. Everyone in my class know these and even more. Now I pick up Hebrew very very quickly and I am very good at it if I say so myself although I am not fluent. I don’t know how to read and write in Hebrew though.

I just don’t get why I don’t pick up french. I have picked it for my GCSEs which start at the start of year 10 and I’m really doomed since I don’t know the basics of french. I have revised thousands of times in french but just scrape a pass. I’m really struggling and stressing out and I need some advice šŸ˜„

submitted by /u/Miraculous_Maya
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/7x1TDnh
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments