What do you guys consider a good point to stop "learning" and start "maintaining" a language?

I know this is really personal but I'll try to give an example to make this clearer

When I was learning English in my teenage years I had to stop studying it because I had to start my university prep. I didn't want to stop learning english because I really enjoyed it so I decided to take one of those certified fluency tests (Not TOEFL, I think it was Cambridge or something) for C2.

When I passed I felt like I had learned enough, and after that, the only time I got to actually use my english (other than on the internet) was when I was visiting my brother in the US 4 years later, and by then, even though I was a bit rusty, I managed to get my english back on track when necessary with no issues.

So, do you guys think there is a point to mastering a language where you dont have to actively learn anymore and just "maintain" it, by reading, watching a movie, or something else? If you do, what do you think is the indicator of it?

submitted by /u/devasxd
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/92NCuYq
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments