Learning Patterns/Cycles: Burning Out and Taking Breaks

Hi all. I've been learning Arabic on and off for several years. There is a pattern in my learning and I wondered if anyone is the same?

I study intensely for approx. 3 months, out of love and excitement and pure joy over the language... but I study so hard and immerse myself so much... to the point where I completely and utterly burn out and feel like I can't bear hearing or seeing the language written. Then I actively avoid it for a couple months. And after a couple months of rest, I start up again with intense study. Does anyone else do this?

The pattern annoys me but it's like I can't control it this ... consistent inconsistency.

submitted by /u/Mrs_Parker2022
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/i6sZrGl
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments