Learn for passion or learn for most likely to use

My husbands family speaks Arabic. I am a bit unmotivated because for many years now they always speak in arabic around me so I have to sit in silence because i don’t understand the language. I’ve tried learning it but had some medical issues come up after a concussion that hindered my learning for a few years. I’m feeling a bit better lately and would like to push myself to learn a language. I don’t feel as excited to learn arabic because I’ve always felt a bit excluded from communicating with my husbands family and now I rather learn my dads language of farsi. I will be seeing my dads sisters in the next 6-12 months and I would love to talk to them in farsi. Also I have had a more welcoming experience learning farsi. Whenever I meet someone who speaks farsi they always try to teach me a few words to be able to communicate and it feels very welcoming.

I do know some arabic now but my grammar is not great. Should I continue with the arabic language and not be able to communicate with my in-laws or learn farsi even though I know no one around me who speaks farsi? I’m thinking I can keep up the language by speaking with language tutors.

I appreciate any advice

submitted by /u/oohimool
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/iaDxjI0
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments