Kumon for children learning languages - any good?

Kumon is a Japanese learning method invented in 1960 and relies on listening to audio, repetition and worksheets each day to learn skills including English and Spanish (and non language subjects like Mathematics). One of these franchises popped up near me and I went to a parent orientation session. Seems really nice for my 5 and 4 year olds to learn English and I'm considering signing them up. I'm especially impressed by the worksheets and audio quality, very well designed. I'm worried about the repetitive nature of the exercises and insistence on self-study (the students get to
go to the centre 2 times a week but are still expected to work on their exercises alone)

Anyone have any experience with them?

submitted by /u/Salamander500
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/sYFNPCr
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments