It’s almost summer and I want to immerse myself in some foreign languages.

I am currently studying Japanese and Latin.

For reference I live in the dead center of the United States, away from any major populations that speak a language besides English, but near many small populations that speak various languages. Finding a place to communicate in Japanese would be difficult, and finding a place (outside of my school) to speak Latin would be almost impossible.

My goal is to be able to read novels/texts and communicate with others in whatever languages I choose to learn.

If anyone can think of another language that I could learn with relative ease through immersion in culture and literature that would be greatly appreciated (there are many texts I would love to read in the language they were meant to be read in). Would it even be a good idea to study more than one language at a time for a beginner like me?

If anyone can give me any tips on how to begin reading Japanese or Latin texts that would be appreciated.

If anyone can tell me how to change my flair that would be cool.

Really I am just a beginner, I am a high school student with free time and I don’t really know what to do. I have Duolingo premium and a few Japanese textbooks and workbooks and I take Latin at school. Everyone here seems quite smart and I would just like a little help.

submitted by /u/BeansInMyVeins
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/wTUGihb
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments