How do I improve more on my language journey?

I made the decision to learn my native language which I could understand but couldn't speak very well I was basically a receptive bilingual. This month makes it one year of self learning my native language and I can almost confidently say I can speak my native tongue however I want to become a master at the language.

Just to give off a little background of how I learnt to speak my native tongue well I used shadowing, listening to media in the language and repeated listening of voicenotes I got from native speakers. Despite doing all this I do still sometimes struggle sometimes native speakers sound too fast to me so I don't get what they're saying and sometimes I struggle to keep up because i'm translating everything into english.

I'm planning to get a tutor for my native language to help me to read and write in the language how helpful do you think this will be? I generally dislike movies but I read somewhere that sometimes watching movies having subtitles on and seeing the language used in live action gives more visual clarification is there something I should be engaging in? Also what other general advice would you give someone who's a fairely fluent speaker but wants to become master level almost good enough to teach the language themselves.

submitted by /u/TinkozTankz
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/aO8Zvwi
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments