Finished my second graded reader!

Exactly what the title says lol. It took a while to finish it (about 4 months) as it was 239 pages long (a bit of this is just the glossary tho so more like 224 pages), I didn't read it every day (I had like a month or two where I did fuck all German in the very beginning of this year), and the book recommended to read each chapter twice which I did. I'm still proud though! And although it isn't my first one completed, it felt much better because it was longer (first one was 93 pages) and it wasn't boring as shit.

Because it took so long to finish, I can't really tell you how much my reading has progressed but probably quite a lot. After doing some calculations, I have approximately done about 12.5 hours to 16.6 hours of solely reading this book. Honestly I thought it'd be more, especially since I've definitely seen improvement xD I guess reading is one of the easier skills to develop though, at least for me, and I've obviously done way more hours of reading than this.

I think my plan now is to add all the glossary words to Anki, learn all those words, re-read it and see how I fare. I think I'll be much quicker this time, and I'll just read each chapter once. I also won't have to answer the questions as I've already done them, so hopefully it shouldn't take too long. After that I'll probably buy The Diary of a Wimpy Kid (book 1) and see how I go with that.

Anyway, I just felt like sharing! Thanks for reading this!

submitted by /u/Lemons005
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/79wqTCJ
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments