English spoken with a foreign accent

Hello everyone!

I have a problem with understanding English when it is SPOKEN.

For example: I will eat cookies. --- A ui i tcuys. I'm exaggerating, but you understand.

It often happens that I do not understand a spoken sentence. But if the same sentence is written I understand it perfectly. It is special when non-native speakers speak English quickly, with a heavy accent or mixing words.

Any tips to improve my understanding / listening?

Any listening material to help you become familiar with non-native accents?

(I spoke online with a few people from India, the Netherlands, and Sweden. I had a hard time understanding their accent and pronunciation. However, they understood me well.)

My level is between B1-B2.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/Rich-End5665
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/N9lR654
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments