Best way to improve listening skills?

Hello. I have been learning Serbian since 2020 in September. First 4 months was basically only grammar or trying to find my way to navigate through the big world of learning a new language.

In 2021, my talking improved a lot, but when I went to Serbia after around a year of learning, I didn't barely understand anything people were saying to me. I then started to listen more and more and this year I have been listening to different podcasts for learning every day for at least 30 minutes.

I can tell my listening has been improving a lot, but it also depends a lot on which theme and tempo the other speaker talks about and with.

I am going to Serbia again in mid August, and I would like to improve it even more. What ways did you guys practice to improve your listening drasitcally? Is there a way or shall I just continue listening for 30m-1h every day and hope that my brain will get more used to it?

Cheers!

submitted by /u/svedjanin
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/TURVAPt
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments