Advice on language classes? American hoping to study German in Heidelberg while writing my dissertation

Hello, wonderful people! I'm an American PhD student in the humanities working on my dissertation. I can live anywhere while writing for the next 12 months and plan to get a language study visa to improve my German to a B2-C1 (currently around A2)

I know Heidelberg has a language school, but it's summer and the language program over the summer holiday looks a lot less intensive. I'm hoping to be taking ~20 hours a week.

Does anyone have any experience with the quality of language education at Heidelberg University vs private language schools (e.g. F + U Academy)?

Should I enroll in a private language school until the Winter Term begins at Heidelberg University, or enroll in the private language school full-time?

submitted by /u/CountCresthill
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/trhjWNc
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments