Understanding spoken french?

Tldr: I've been learning french for a year or so and I can understand most of written french but almost close to zero when it comes to spoken french. What should I be doing to eventually being capable of understanding spoken french? Did you went through something similar when learning french? How did you overcame it?.

I stopped studying for a couple of months after like 6 or 7 months of an hour of study on average and haven't dedicated as much time as I had been dedicating it since then.

However, I've been trying to recapture the habit of language learning but this time consuming more media than actual busuu/grammar study (though still using every day some Anki decks). Is this useful to do when I hardly understand anything said? Should I just keep struggling for my brain to recognize patterns or something in the long run?

I don't know what I should be doing at this stage, I feel like learning more words/grammar concepts might work a little but only to a certain extent and I should be starting to consume media mora than anything by now, but I just can't understand anything of what is being said.

submitted by /u/kuyikuy81
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/52csraC
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments