Is paying a Spanish tutor for 1-1 lessons worth it?

I think I’m going to start lessons with a Spanish tutor in Guatemala via Zoom because it’s $10 a class. But I’m wondering if I’ll truly be able to become more proficient in the language?

I studied Spanish for years in high school and additional years in college, for about 7 total, and always did well. I used to speak it pretty well and was pretty intermediate.

Now, I’m wondering if I start taking lessons 5 times a week if I can be highly conversational in a few months because I so desperately want to be fluent and I think I’m ready and able to put in the work!

Has anyone learned or gained fluency primarily from this mode of learning?

Also, the school I’ve chosen has more than 600 5-star reviews on Google. I did a trial lesson a few months ago and it was good, things start coming back, but I think talking to someone who went this route would be reassuring.

submitted by /u/certifiedlogophile
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/ZaR1FjB
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments