What dialect is pimsleur eastern arabic exactly and how would that translate to communicating with Syrians, lebanese, jordanians and Palestinians

So I bought the course for eastern arabic (so I’m guessing it’s levantine) but then I start reading more into it and it turns out within levantine there are different dialects like jordanian, lebanese etc. If I do try to find resources like films or podcasts where do I start… is there a specific dialect or is it so close to each other that it’s pointless to focus on it? Is it basically like Malay and Indonesian where it’s 90% the same with a few different words or is it more like thai and laos where it’s to some point intelligable but sounds weird to speakers (I speak Thai btw and some malay/indonesian)

submitted by /u/TimucinWills
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/3D3nHOn
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments