Resources to improve accent

Hi! It's my first time posting here, so sorry if I make any mistakes.

I've been learning english for years now and I'd like to say I'm quite fluent. I can write, read and understand english when listening to it. Problem is, I have a really thick accent. I sound like your average latina side-character in a sitcom.

I live in an spanish speaking country, and I don't have many chances to speak english ever since I graduated high school and stopped having english class. Lately I've tried parroting-- I play a TV show in english and parrot what the characters say, but I'm worried I may develop unreal speaking patterns if I do so.

I wish I could say I'm fluent. Like actually say it outloud, not writing it. But my accent won't let me.

Any help or advice?

submitted by /u/saezoo
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/2ZxfFQ6
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments