I’m a polyglot, and I hate small talks…

One day at a house party, someone said to me, “So, you speak several languages, but you hate small talks. So what’s up with you?”

Initially I thought,”Yeah, what’s up with me?”

But on the next second, I thought, “No, there’s nothing wrong with me.”

I mean, I’m not opposed to having a conversations with people in a variety of languages. It’s just that I don’t actively hunt for people just to practice my languages.

When the opportunity comes, I’ll talk to them with no problem.

Plus, I don’t live in the countries where my TLs are spoken, so I’m not in a hurry to speak.

Also, I don’t want the conversations end at hello.I prefer more in depth and more meaningful conversations.

How about you? Do you enjoy actively chit-chatting with those who speak your TLs? Or do you prefer a more input-based activity and more in depth conversations?

And hey, no judgment here! Both approaches are equally beautiful, as long as they make you feel comfortable.

submitted by /u/That-Language-Guy
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/32AbGn0
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments