Which languages apart from english are most spread around the world? (By Number of countries/areas, not number of people) And where are they spoken?

Hi there, whenever I try to find an approximated list regarding the spread of languages in the world I always step upon mentions about for example "Mandarin is the most spoken language due to x number of people living in china" and very vague statements like "spanish is spoken in most south america" or "French is spoken in some African countries".

Statements like those are too vague and not helpful IMO. So what I am asking/looking for is a resource/list (if it exists) which states in which countries/communities you have a rather high chance of finding someone speaking that language (or if it doesn't exist please tell me about your personal experience where you could communicate with a language in a place you didn't expect it to be useful)

Thanks in advance for all suggestions/advice you may give me :)

submitted by /u/Lelouch_Peacemaker
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/3vDIx4I
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments