During Conversation Practice Lessons on iTalki, do you ask your teacher questions?

Basically the title. I know it’s a strange question but I’m curious. I always naturally want to respond to their questions by asking them things like “How about you?” or “What do you think?” Or just “Have you ever visited the U.S.?” because those are natural questions to ask in a normal conversation but somehow I never do because I worry about asking personal questions or them not liking to blur the role of teacher/tutor. So, I’m curious, when you pay for a teacher on iTalki for a lesson designed for conversational practice, and they are often prepared with a number of questions to keep you talking the whole time, do you ever put the ball back in their court and have a more “normal” conversation or do you save those for language exchanges with peers?

submitted by /u/Oculus000
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/3GanNGO
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments