An Absolutely Amazing (and Detailed) Book Available Online as a PDF About Challenges Faced by English Learners From All Over the World

I found a simply amazing book online that diagnoses problems that English learners have. Its called Learner English: A teacher's guide to interference and other problems. It goes into great detail about various challenges that English learners have in terms of pronunciation, intonation, stress, writing, listening, etc. As a native English speaker, it has even taught me subtle things about my language that I was not even aware of. It really gives you an appreciation for just how complex language is. Right now, I am learning Spanish, so I listen to a lot of native Spanish speakers. I can practically hear them talking when I am reading the Spanish section of the book.

I especially like the book because it goes country by country, so its fun to compare and contrast the challenges faced by speakers of one country to the challenges faced by speakers of another country.

Hopefully I can keep in mind some of these challenges as I talk to my language exchange partners.

Take a look at the book. Does it seem helpful to you? If you are a non-native English speaker, do some of the English challenges you have match up with those in the book? Are there any that are inaccurate or left out?

Enjoy!

https://lib.jspi.uz/storage/uploads/files/swan-learnerenglish.pdf

submitted by /u/Economy_Wolf4392
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/2WwCnqi
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments