B2 with ingrained errors on basics

I'm a solid upper B2 in Spanish, and, I'd say, closer to a C1 when it comes to reading/writing. I've been sending a lot of voice messages to a Tinder crush (ha ha) and realizing that I still mix up pretty basic things like por vs. para, imperfect vs. preterit (mostly when it comes to era/fue, e.g. "la fiesta era bien divertido"). Especially with the latter, I totally know better but it still comes out in my speech. I figure these are bad habits that I got stuck in early on in learning. Anyone else bump up against this?

Btw, I highly recommend doing audio messaging in your TL and re-listening to what you've sent. It was super important for me to identify where I'm coming up short, and even to listen to some of the messages weeks later and hear errors that I wasn't hearing before.

submitted by /u/calypsoorchid
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/3AaD73g
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments