Virtual Study Zoom for learners who need accountability and productivity while remembering vocabularies at home alone

Hi learners,

My name is Mei Mei, a 2nd-year PhD student at ASU studying human system engineering. I don't know if you have ever felt lonely and low motivated when studying alone at home because you can't go to a library or coffee shop as liberal as pre-Covid. I know I have.

I tried to watch study with me videos on YT, but I just feel it is lacking something~like, I am still alone by just watching... So, I initiated a Virtual Study Zoom where people can join and study/work with others TOGETHER. You can choose to come/leave whenever you want to, and there will always be people there~ no fee or talking or rules needed~ just show up and dedicate yourself to your own work during that time. Oh~Just one rule: MUTE yourself, please.

The idea behind this Virtual Study Zoom is a 24/7 virtual coffee shop (but you have to make your own coffee tho)~ It is up to you to come/work/leave at any time, and there will always be people there. Hopefully, this zoom can grow bigger, so whenever you join, it will always have people studying/working there~ Even if there is nobody when you join, I hope this zoom can be a cue for you to focus on your tasks. Sometimes, you might be the only person sitting in a coffee shop, right? When you click on "join the meeting", hope the camera helps get you into the studying/working zone quickly and effectively.

It is a recurring meeting without a waiting room, which means you can join even if I am not there, and whenever you want to. Grab your own drink/coffee/snack, let's hold each other accountable, and get some work done :)

Zoom link: https://asu.zoom.us/j/82954351559?pwd=TlRNNW1rZVFRREd4UlY3bURKejdmUT09

Password: selfstudy

NOTE: Don't send or click anything in the chat. Please send me a message if you notice a sketchy person. I'll try my best to keep this zoom safe and clean.

submitted by /u/pinkbubbleisrunning
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/382fU6P
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments