Opinions on CAE Writing

Hi! I'm going to take the CAE exam this April, I'm feeling optimistic but I'm a bit scared about the writing part of the exam since I don't use formal speech nearly as much as I use informal one. I've already tested myself by downloading all the CAE examples I could find online but I have no way to calculate my score in writing since, unlike the other parts, you obviously don't have an answer sheet to compare with ahahaha. So I wanted to ask for opionions here, what do you think of this essay?

Essay theme:

Your class has attended a panel discussion on facilities which should receive money from local authorities. You have made the notes below:

Which facilities should receive money from local authorities?

• museums

• sports centres

• public gardens

Essay:

The recent discussion that took place in class about facilities and how they should receive financements by local authorities has left me with some personal opinions that I would like to discuss. Without a doubt the most important facilities that should be financed are museums and sports centres, but why is that so?

Let's start with the museums, why is it important to finance them? Afterall museums nowadays aren't frequented nearly as much as they used to be in the past and people may think that investing in them will inevitably result in a loss of money, but this isn't true. While it may be true that natives don't visit local museums tourists will always be a reliable source of income, especially considering the cultural heritage of our country. Furthermore by investing in museums we can preserve ancient artifacts and make it so that future generations will have access to them aswell.

In regards to sports centres, it should be pretty clear why it's important to spend money on them. Starting from the 80's we have become more and more sedentary because of technological advancements, which have resulted in a loss of work in physically demanding sectors and a rise of employment in offices or, more generally, jobs behind a computer. Financing sports centres will result in more people signing up to them, which will result in turn in a overall healthier lifestyle.

Do you think an essay like this will receive at least a passing grade? Thanks in advance to everyone willing to help ^_^

submitted by /u/Mainternet
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/3bL5aL2
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments