Browser Extension to make a language test out of any webpage (or how I passed German C1)

I needed to pass German C1 exam recently and my vocabulary sucked. Obviously I didn't want to read boring textbooks. Instead I wanted to learn the language just by browsing interesting stuff. So I procrastinated made an extension to combine improving my vocabulary and browsing interesting stuff.

The approach is the following:

  1. Open an interesting webpage in your target language.
  2. Select text.
  3. The extension replaces some words with gaps.
  4. Read the text, fill in the gaps. Obviously just typing random words out of the blue can be overwhelming, so there is a mode to drag&drop words from a list into the correct places.

This is a beta version for now and it is 100% free:

If you didn't enjoy my explanation skills, there is an example video: https://vocab-boost.online/

I would love your feedback! To show you how badly I want your feedback, I've even made r/VocabBoost subreddit just for that.

P.S. this post was kindly preapproved by the mods. I am grateful to them!

submitted by /u/vocab-boost
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/3uyt0Tc
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments