Are There Translated Monolingual Dictionaries?

I rarely use bilingual dictionaries when I'm learning a language or translating. I do love a good monolingual dictionary and always wish there were bilingual dictionaries with monolingual-like definitions.

For example, the definition for "eat" in the Oxford-Hachette French dictionary is, "manger; prendre." I would prefer to have, "to put or take food into the mouth, chew it (= crush it with the teeth), and swallow it", but just in French.

If anyone knows of any such dictionaries (in any language variation), I would like to know. I want to make a list for personal use in the future and to make recommendations.

(Personally, any combination with Korean, English, Japanese, Mandarin Chinese, and French would be extra appreciated.)

submitted by /u/Outside_College
[link] [comments]

from Ẹ káàbọ̀ https://ift.tt/39gPwGk
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments