italki how often/how many teachers/etc.

First, by italki, I really mean language lessons. Could be preply, verbling, even in-person locally. How often do you do lessons, and do you do all with the same teacher, or mix it up?

My goals are pretty much to become more conversational, and to be able to read not literature, but newspapers and simple books. If it matters, I don't need my TLs for work or school, it's all out of personal interest.

I was doing lessons in a language I'm probably B2-C1 in for most of the year, teacher was very good. I've learned a lot. She's moving onto other things now though. Also been learning another language from scratch to probably A2 now for the past year with a teacher who's also been very good.

With the one teacher leaving, I now have to think about how to repurpose that time. I'm thinking about dropping the language I'm better in as far as italki goes for a while and just doing some reading on my own. And then maybe adding a second teacher in the language I'm A2-ish in. Could help to be speaking to multiple people, learn from multiple angles, etc. Would be nice to make more of a push to B1 or even B2 next year.

Anyway, how do you guys use language lessons? Few lessons with lots of different people, lots of lessons with 1 person, relatively frequent lessons with 2-3 people?

submitted by /u/ideges
[link] [comments]

from Ẹ káàbọ̀ https://ift.tt/35LdmIm
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments