Learning 4 languages at once: doable or quite possibly insane?

I’ll try to keep this simple. I’m a translator. I already speak 2 foreign languages, but need to keep studying them regularly (to keep up my vocab and stop myself relying on translation tools too much). I also used to speak another two languages, but have largely lost them after not keeping them up. The problem is, these other 2 languages are very much in demand in the translation industry, and I would hugely improve my chances of finding work by relearning them.

So I’ve been learning 4 languages at once, but (shockingly) I’ve already burnt myself out. Do you think I should just try to relearn one of my forgotten languages at a time? I absolutely need to keep up my main two languages, but I’m so tempted to relearn both of the additional two languages because it would be so much easier to find work. Is learning 4 languages simultaneously possible or just plain stupid?

submitted by /u/iwillsingnorequiem
[link] [comments]

from བསུ་བ། བྱོན་ཞུ། གདོང་ལེན། ཕེབས་བསུ། https://ift.tt/3i3V2hT
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments