Has anyone had any experience trying to switch the language they use at home?

ever since we moved to an English speaking country, me and my family started using English instead of french as the main language in the house. My parents still have an good grasp on the french language, even if they don't use it as much at home anymore because it's their native language, but my french is, while usable, shaky from disuse. Among my younger siblings it's nearly non existent. I've tried in the past to try to speak more in french, but I always slip up or the situation demands speed or I find that I struggle to express myself (especially with those younger siblings!) . I know this is a common predicament for a lot of immigrants and kids of immigrants, so I'd like to ask: has anyone had any stories of them successfully switching the language they use at home? and how did you do it?

submitted by /u/naidneelttil
[link] [comments]

from Sveiki | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/33oxv7k
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments