Got my favorite book in my target language!

So I have THIS book that I just... love too much. I first read it in my native language, french. It has everything I liked: feral child, feral dogs, russia, more realistic passing, sad moments, survival... I just fell in love with it. 74 post-it later (for words I didn’t know, moment I liked or just notes), snd I knew the book by heart.

Last summer, I bought it used in english.

And tonight, I tried to find it in russian, the language I’m currently learning. I first tried to search in english (Exemple: Dog boy - Eva Hornung - Russian version) but couldn’t find anything. So I tried to translate the title (собака мальчик), nothing. (Spoiler alert: It was дог бой). But the two versions (used) I found were 80$... I like this book but... not that much.

I finally found it was easy to download it in russian and so, until I found somewhere I can buy it without having to give an arm, I have this version. I recognize some word, have found the character’s names and already am trying to read it! I really hope it’ll help me progress!

submitted by /u/AlexGRNorth
[link] [comments]

from Sveiki | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2PfDOlw
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments