Success story of achieving fluency in a second language

First time posting here, I have to say I’ve been struggling with learning languages for all of my life. My parents didn’t teach me their native language, I spent 11 years in secondary school unable to pick up the foreign language I was taught, and then I went abroad for a couple years and took classes in the language of that country and was still unable to hold basic conversations with natives.

The root problem for all of this is my lack of confidence to actually start speaking, I’m trying to get over this by working with an italki tutor.

This is something that has bothered me most of my life and whilst i am trying to make changes and not give up I would really appreciate if you could share your success stories with me to help with my motivation.

As a monolingual, I’d like to hear if you were able to achieve fluency in a second language in adulthood? If so, how did you go about it? I’d be even more interested to hear if you had several failures like me and managed to overcome it over the years.

submitted by /u/wastingmoretimehere
[link] [comments]

from Dia dhaoibh | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2ZTSX11
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments