Considering Learning Navajo. Any advice?

I saw duolingo has audio with their Navajo course and was considering diving into it. I am a tour guide that goes to the Grand Canyon and Navajo Nation often, so it is applicable to my life, but here's my biggest question; is it more of a novelty for a non-native to say simple phrases, or is it actually well-received? As in, will I gain more respect and relationships around Navajo Nation if I have a solid grip on the language?

For some background I am fluent in Chinese and speak conversational Mongolian. With Mongolian (only in Inner Mongolia, China) I always feel like it's a bit of a "oh that's cute", and the native speakers quickly switch into Chinese or English. I imagine it would be the same with Navajo, but was wondering if anybody here has any experience.

submitted by /u/Ulankhad
[link] [comments]

from Dia dhaoibh | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/3iz2L92
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments