When is the perfect time to start learning a new language?

My native language is spanish and I have been learning english since I was 4 years old in an on and off pattern. To this day I can pretty much communicate in English without even thinking too hard about it but I know I still have a lot to learn.

Recently I got really into french and italian stuff and I'm dying to learn one of those languages but I don't know if it is a good idea to start with something new when I haven't really mastered my first target language. Should I try it?

Another thing that worries me is the fact that I don't know how to approach a new language, english comes to my mind as something natural in the form of ideas instead of words so in my head there isn't a connection with spanish, I don't translate as I speak so I don't know how to study something new. Should I study some grammar? Try the natural method? Maybe some classes to get started? Help me please hahahahaha.

submitted by /u/limrtyam
[link] [comments]

from Tere | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/3e3yJYq
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments