Re-writing text as a language learning technique

I study Korean and teach English in Korea. I’ve noticed that one method the Korean students use at school is re-writing texts word for word. They’ll sometimes just copy the text of a short chapter into their notebooks, and sometimes write their favorite sentences on post it notes and post them on boards, and other activities like that.

I’m wondering if anyone has had success from a method like this. I’m thinking about finding short YouTube videos with korean subtitles, copying them down into a notebook, highlighting the words I don’t know and after finding their definitions, listening to the video at a slow speed until I feel like I’ve internalized it enough to listen at normal speed.

Does this method sound like a good use of time?

submitted by /u/geomeunbyul
[link] [comments]

from Dia dhaoibh | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2ZlAFFt
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments