I'm a beginner at Korean, can I learn Japanese kanji while learning Korean grammar and vocab?

I've learned a little under 300 Korean words, and I know how to form basic sentences with basic conjugations for the verbs and adjectives. Of course, I know how to read and write Hangeul too.

Before this, I wanted to learn Japanese and Korean, so I made a difficult decision to pick learning Korean first. I learned how to read Hiragana and Katakana tho (Don't know how to write) before making the decision. I heard that learning 2 languages (especially if they're similar) is a bad thing.

My routine for learning Korean is 2 hours per day, and outside of those hours I still practice when thinking to myself. Now I'm wondering if I master writing Hiragana and Katakana (Won't be too hard for me), would it be a good idea to learn Japanese kanji along with my Korean studies. I'm willing to spend about 2 more hours per day.

Here's what I'm wondering. Which parts of kanji can I learn (Reading, Meaning, Writing), and what would be a good amount of characters could I be learning per day? Those are my main questions, I also have a minor question about whether or not it would be a good idea to associate kanji with my korean vocab and such.

submitted by /u/Sunny-Mellorine
[link] [comments]

from Dia dhaoibh | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2BQUxYW
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments