How do you get your listening hours in?

English/Arabic speaker, currently learning Spanish. This is the only one I've I had to try to learn by myself. (I tried unsuccessfully to learn French in school, the other two are basically native)

Im persuaded by the school of thought that emphasizes reading & listening above grammar and production, and thanks to the pandemic, I've had a lot of time to study. So, even though it's only been two months since I started, I've done about the same amount of studying many people do in 4 months, alongside their normal lives and work. I feel like it's coming along quite nicely, and I can understand a good amount of spoken spanish, but I could definitely use some more listening material.

It's hard to find adequate listening/viewing material, but I've found international news stations to be excellent (DW, RT, CNN, Euronews - Espanol). All these broadcasters have live streaming 24/7, including reports and mini-docs on various subjects. These are great because they cover a wide variety of topics, and the video often helps one discern meaning through context

However, it would be nice to have another similarly fruitful source.... something else I could just switch on, practically whenever, that is NOT just two natives speaking.

What do you guys do for listening? How do you get enough input without getting tired of the same few sources? Do you have specific recommendations for spanish media consumption at the High beginner level?

submitted by /u/GigStarReddit
[link] [comments]

from Dia dhaoibh | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2BktmWq
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments