Learning Languages During Coronavirus: What's a Reasonable Timeline and Goal?

I'm losing my mind right now thanks to the coronavirus and I'm finally ready to tackle doing something productive. My job got delayed by 3 months and I am physically out of stuff to do and have some spare cash from my stimulus check. Enter: old language ambitions.

Here's my issue: I don't know what's a realistic goal for myself. I have two languages I am considering working on, and possibly going to do both: German (which I have zero experience in, but have been to the country 3 times in the past 2 years and feel highly motivated about), and Spanish (took 6 years of it throughout middle and high school, never took it seriously, can read and used to write pretty well but speaking is horrible). I am still researching the best ways to learn and further my skills relatively cost effectively.

I would love insight on: 1. What's a reasonable goal for a 3 month timeline? Fluency? How do I even define that to myself? 2. How should I keep myself accountable? How often should I try and learn? 3. Bonus: any recommendations on good programs is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/JT_KC
[link] [comments]

from Marhaba| Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2VNCidl
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments