Which should I choose?

Hi everyone! I’m a native English speaker currently learning French. I’m around B1 level so I’m able to speak/read/understand the language pretty well but no means fluently. My writing is not the best and like all learners I still make errors when speaking French too. I’ve been learning for 6 months (Anki, italki 5 hrs/week, assimil, media immersion and pimsleur) are my major resources but I’m looking to kick it up a notch.

I have the option for the month of July to either go to a 3 week intensive language immersion program in Chicoutimi, Québec (I live in Canada). Think proper classroom setting during the day, cultural activities in the afternoons and then going home to practice with a host family I’ll be staying with for the time period.

The other option is a Workaway I’ve found in Québec city, Québec . With this I’d be staying for a month and basically helping a Québecois family with babysitting/ farm help in exchange for accommodation, food and of course language practice. I’m also going to supplement my interactions with the family with 5 hrs a week of italki as usual (or more)

Anyway I’m a bit unsure which to go with? Cost wise the immersion (flights included) will cost me at least $3500 while staying the family with everything included as well would be $1200.

I guess at this point I’m not sure if I still need structured learning with the classroom or if just speaking with the family will be enough.

I apologize if this is a silly/obvious question too. This reddit has really aided my language learning and I just need advice from you smart people haha

Thank you!

submitted by /u/Mdgyal
[link] [comments]

from Maligayang pagdating | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2TOSzh9
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments