What are some good resources for learning a language which you have basically zero experience with?

Hello all, the title says most of what this post is about but I’m wondering what’s a good place to start for someone who has zero prior experience to the language (like the word “hello” would be all they know and this is barely an exaggeration) and not currently in a position to travel or have a tutor. I understand that chances are the answer could change depending on the language of choice, and while I don’t know which language I’d like to pursue next per se I can narrow it down to Japanese, a Germanic language, Russian, or another Romance language.

Fluency is not really the goal here either or at least not until the distant future. I wouldn’t consider myself to be fluent in the other languages I take/have taken aside from my native language, English, but I feel that I have a strong enough foundation where I’d be up to speed after a couple weeks in another country.

Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/DynazT
[link] [comments]

from Maligayang pagdating | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/3awjTY6
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments