Learning conjugation and making it stick

I am struggling with Italian but I guess it has got to be a common problem?

Basically I really struggle with getting tenses to stick.

I feel like I am pretty good at learning vocab, I pick up on grammar as I consume media and I easily make sense of it with textbooks, but I’m just lost when it comes to conjugation.

In passive skills, like reading there’s no problem I can identify the tenses and what verbs are being used, but when it comes to active skills, like writing or speaking, I just freeze whenever I have to use a verb that is another tense than present or passato prossimo (a form of pretty straight forward past tense) I am absolutely lost despite knowing the other tenses in theory.

Anyone has any advice or know of a study technique I should try? Is this a common issue?

Thank you!

submitted by /u/noaimpara
[link] [comments]

from Maligayang pagdating | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2vEWzZG
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments