Help creating schedule/routine?

你好啊~

My name is Nathan, nice to meet you ☺️

I’m a current graduate student in French at the University of Iowa. I’ve loved learning languages since the moment I discovered language learning software when I was 9 years old.

Formally, other than French, I have a BA in Spanish and have taken intro courses in Mandarin and German.

I’m always wanting to study languages independently and have taken a stab at MANY different ones. The issue is, after about a month, I either stop or move on to another language.

Well, lately my life had a plot twist and I was diagnosed with ADHD a few months ago at the age of 25. Since starting treatment, I’ve noticed my organizational skills and focus have improved greatly.

I haven’t tried learning any new languages since the diagnosis though because of my comprehensive exam in French (I have to read 100 books outside of class and will have 4 2-hour written exams with a 2 hour oral defense 😵). This obviously has been monopolizing my time but it will be over soon and then I’ll probably have more free time than I know what to do with.

So, are there any resources, templates, etc to help create a schedule? My goal is to either pick Mandarin back up or study Japanese with the intention of taking the HSK or JLPT at some point.

ありがとう!

submitted by /u/salutnathan
[link] [comments]

from Siya namkela nonke | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/3bQbYGA
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments