Why is the list of countries for the "Popular" feed so limited and skewed?

(Probably no one here knows for sure, but share your ideas anyway.)

I just recently discovered the feature that when you go to "Popular" you can filter by the country (and "Everywhere"). I thought it would be the No. 1 solution to my language-learning needs, but I looked through it and got really confused. (By the way, I don't know if it's different depending on user.) My list has Iceland and Puerto Rico, but not Germany or France. The first 2 don't have feeds that are really that different to "Everywhere", or at least go over the same topics. But most importantly, they are both dominated by English (even though in theory at least one of them could serve as a foreign-language learning resource, if I were so inclined).

I refuse to believe that Germany and France have a smaller Reddit userbase than Iceland.

submitted by /u/MeekHat
[link] [comments]

from स्वागत | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/39ZpqHl
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments