How come my accent has never improved even though all my friends are native speakers?

I moved to the US when I was 12. I think It would be pretty safe for me to say that my understanding of the english language is on par with the average American, but my Cuban accent still prevails. Most of my friends do not speak spanish, I speak more english than spanish throughout the day, but my accent is still there. People assume that I barely speak english when they first meet. I just started a new job, I have been having to repeat my self a lot to my coworkers due to them not understanding me. People mainly say that I mumble a lot. I'm honestly kind of embarrassed about it because most people who move the US as young as I did normally don't speak with an accent.

submitted by /u/berli456
[link] [comments]

from स्वागत | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2tPK5Nc
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments