The speakers of which language have been the most warm, welcoming, and appreciative when you told them that you were learning their language? Which language speakers were the worst (coldest, indifferent, rude)?

Over the past two years, I have attempted to learn, or learned to an advanced level, four languages.

The speakers of three of them showered me with appreciation, warmth, and encouragement. Some of them even invited me to their countries, show me around, and offer me food.

The speakers of the fourth language, however, were disappointingly rude, indifferent, and just plain miserable. As a result, I stopped learning that language after just a short 2 months.

The speakers of which language have been the most warm, welcoming, and appreciative when you told them that you were learning their language? Which language speakers were the worst (coldest, indifferent, rude)?

(Part of the reason that I am asking is because I never want to learn a language whose speakers treated me so badly again. Of course, I also want to hear which other languages have amazingly nice and welcoming people, which would motivate me to learn that language)

submitted by /u/TheKurzgesagtEgg
[link] [comments]

from Salvete | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/36hvDvE
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments