"The beginner phase is the most fun!"

I've seen lots of people talk about the beginner phase as being the most fun part of learning a language - but they seem to mean flitting from language to language, dipping their toes in and then moving onto a different language. I don't consider that to be the beginner phase, more like the exploratory phase. The exploratory phase is definitely fun.

I would consider the beginner phase to be when you finally decide to devote your time to one particular language, and actually spend longer than a week on it. For me, that phase was like a brick wall that I had to bash my head against for hours, and hours, and hours, until one day, after many months and a very sore forehead, I finally started to understand without translating. I can't say I enjoyed that phase, personally.

I may be a pessimist, but I'm also a pessimist. Sorry, I'm a bit concussed from all the German.

Socks!

submitted by /u/less-to-worry-about
[link] [comments]

from Salvete | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2SAH3qr
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments