my favorite customers at my store spoke hungarian to me!

so i have a hungarian dad come in pretty often at the grocery store im a cashier at. he’s super kind and when i first said thank you very much in hungarian, he looked so so shocked and surprised. nowadays we say hi and chat in basic conversation in hungarian, and it’s my favorite part of working there.

yesterday, he came in with his kid who kept tapping his dad and saying “can you tell her?” the dad finally said “szia, hogy vagy? sorry, my son wanted to say it, but he was too shy”

ahhh i love bonding with people with language. keep in mind i live in a very rural southern town, so hungarian isn’t necessarily the most common second or first language. just wanted to share, thanks for reading!

submitted by /u/bennettvictoriarose
[link] [comments]

from Failte royd | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2P1sx9i
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments