I am starting to have a grasp on listened French and it is beautiful

So I started learning french three months with duolingo and a couple old textbooks that I had lying in my house, basically I dropped Duolingo after two weeks and the textbook after two months, they helped me get introduced with the language but they don't really help you with conversational objectives imo.

I started watching InnerFrench and Français Authentique with french subtitles like ten days ago and I went from "I have a grasp of what they are talking about" to "I understand what does each sentence mean", yesterday I listened to the first episode of Hugo's podcast and I understood almost everything(missed 2-3 words but catched their meaning), today I listened to the second episode and while it is hard to stay focused I am truly feeling the progress each time I watch their content.

Their content is very well made and while Johan's content is really based on acquisition of a language he talks in a very clear way.

Hugo's content is just pretty good, this is the kind of thing that makes people realize how amazing internet is, it is just incredible that there is a guy that does this stuff this well, he(just like Johan) talks in a really clear way, his content is perfect for the public that he aims.

I think they are right with the way they "teach" français, immersion is really a good method and also they are right regarding the importance of struggle within the apprentissage of une langue.

What level would you consider their content to be?

Thanks for reading! I really recommend the immersion method, and I also recommend to not use in any way a language that you already know while you are consuming content, it really messes up with the study session in my opinion because you want to think as less as possible in other languages. Reading/listening plusier fois is just better.

Edit:typos and some text added

submitted by /u/imberttt
[link] [comments]

from Failte royd | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/36cxEcg
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments