How does language break down by parts of speech?

I was wondering if anybody knew of any resources that roughly broke down a fluent person's vocabulary by parts of speech. Like what percent of our vocabulary is made of verbs vs nouns vs adjectives vs other parts of speech?

I've tried Googling it but haven't come across much of anything.

I lived in Costa Rica for two years as a missionary years, and I became more or less conversationally fluent in that context, but I picked up a job after my mission and quickly realized that I was not nearly fluent enough in Spanish outside of that religious context. Now I live in an area with a fair number of Spanish speakers and would like to pick up practice again.

Figured it would be worth getting a rough idea for what parts of speech we use and how much so I could at least have a vague idea of whether or not I'm spending too much/too little time on a given language element.

Thanks for the help.

submitted by /u/World2Small
[link] [comments]

from Salvete | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2siusxK
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments