Learning multiple languages at once - is it a bad idea?

So for context, I’m an English native living in the UK and am studying German at school (should be around B2 level). I’ve grown up with Spanish as my second language, as I’m half-Peruvian, but unfortunately I never got too far past learning ‘core’/‘essential’ vocabulary. I’d really love to get back in to delving MUCH deeper into Spanish, moreso than I have ever done before, and ideally at least getting it on par with my German, but I’m also worried that this will distract me and/or I may confuse the two.

Do you think I should just go for it, or would it be a better idea to wait until I finish my course (June) and increase the intensity only then? Regardless of anything, I am also eager to keep up with German and make sure I don’t forget it when I’m in uni and beyond, even though I will no longer be studying it formally anywhere.

Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/xTheOnlyOreOx
[link] [comments]

from Failte royd | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2stgpEZ
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments