Korean or Japanese?

I made a post yesterday, and quickly deleted it, realizing I needed to look into each language and why I wanted to learn it more.

Now that I’ve done that, I still can’t quite decide, though I think I’m leaning towards Korean?

Reasons for Japanese: I love the food, I have a few friends who live in Japan, and I love the culture. I can also see myself going to Tokyo one day. What I’m kinda nervous about is the amount of Kanji, but in the same vein I feel like it’d be super cool to know Kanji.

Reasons for Korean: While I like both writing styles, I think I like how Korean looks a little more. I know less about the culture but I know I’m probably two streams from being obsessed with Kpop. I like how the language sounds a little bit more than Japanese, but the pronunciations of Hangul (I tried it a little) are difficult for me and I’m not sure how to go about learning them exactly.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!!!

submitted by /u/XigZagXoom
[link] [comments]

from Vitaj | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/366uYxE
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments