What are some ways to teach yourself a language without special apps like Duolingo?

I've been trying to teach myself French but the way that certain apps are set up makes it difficult for me, I personally find worksheets, books, etc. much more rewarding but I still don't really know how or where to start since I'm pretty beginner French. I've been trying to translate a book into French (getting 3 skills at once, handwriting, French, and The art of conversation which is what the book teaches) but I've ended up enlisting the help of google translate for a lot of it so I'm pretty sure much of it isn't correct. I do have a French 1 textbook, given to me by the old French teacher at my school and a small dictionary of mostly nouns and adjectives but I'm not really sure how to use them effectively. I hope I haven't just been rambling and you actually understand what I'm saying.

So basically, what are some ways to learn a language like it is taught in a class and without any assistance from special apps?

submitted by /u/colonialnerd
[link] [comments]

from Vitaj | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2mSnjkT
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments